SkwalZone

Binding Lift

From method to the skwal gear, here's the place!

Moderator: WebTeam

Postby Arjan » 02 Oct 2003 06:26

I bought a Thias 173 Carving two years ago. I came with the standard bindings, which has a toe lift on the front and a back lift on the back binding. If i watch the pics on this forum, it looks like you don't use lift? Is this correct? Is it better to set the bindings flat on the skwal?

Many thanks for your reaction.

Arjan
Arjan
Advanced Member

Postby Sam » 02 Oct 2003 07:11

Hi Arjan,

I don't know about the other guys, but I'm still skwalling with the standard Lacroix bindings, with toe lift on the front and back lift on the back binding, on my Lacroix SK200. It works very well for me!

Thanx for the technical tips you gave me last year!! The pushing with my knees into the corner was exactly my problem. Since you made me aware of that, my skwal hardly ever slips away, even in hard turns. The push-pull technic did the rest. B)
Only on ice, I don't have the guts to carve all of my turns... :(

Happy skwalling!

Sam
Sam
Advanced Member

Postby holger » 02 Oct 2003 09:39

he arjan,
i think, that a the lifts give you a bit more comfortable stand.
the standard thias binding plates (like you probably use) have the lift built-in. the other bindings (e.g. snowpro, seagate, völkl) use blocks to achieve the lift. maybe some of the guys just leave them away. i think it´s a matter of taste to use them or not.
regards - holger
holger

Postby Zarkod » 03 Oct 2003 17:13

Hi Arjan,
I decided to change my settings on my SK200, to have the front lift going down from right to left and the rear lift going down from left to right (i'm goofy).
I expect to have my knees going in the inside but I haven't tried yet, i'm waiting for the snow...
:: Thias FC180, SK200, 173°F, RS176 carbone, FC165 ::
Visit skwalzone.org!
only skwal makes it possible!
Zarkod
High Rank Member

Postby Arjan » 03 Dec 2003 08:44

thanks guys! One more question about set up:

I looked at the technique part of the site and saw the binding angelation is the same. I mean both bindings point into the same direction. I was told that you have to have the bindings point in the opposite direction: front binding points to the left (i am regular) and the rear binding points to the right.. Is this correct? To me, it does not fee strange.

Thanks again,

arjan
Arjan
Advanced Member

Postby Zarkod » 03 Dec 2003 10:40

Most of the time the front binding is just in the axis, personnaly it's my setting.
You can put a very small angle on the front binding, but I would make it point in the same direction than the back binding!
But you can feel more comfortable with the bindings pointing in opposite directions, why not.
Nevertheless It looks quite strange to me <_<
:: Thias FC180, SK200, 173°F, RS176 carbone, FC165 ::
Visit skwalzone.org!
only skwal makes it possible!
Zarkod
High Rank Member

Postby Sam » 03 Dec 2003 11:15

Hi Arjan,
I don't know about your setup; As long as you feel comfy with it, why not...

Personally I use to have a setup problem with my rear binding. My feet were exactly inline ( 90/90). My rear knee (=right, I'm regular) was hurting after a couple of runs. After changing my rear setup in an 85 angle, the hurting disappeared (now it's just the healthy burning in my legs...)

When your feet are opened (95/85), like I understood in your reply, this knee problem won't occur.

Good luck with your setup,

cheers,
Sam
Sam
Advanced Member

Postby Arjan » 03 Dec 2003 12:42

Hi Sam, Zarkod,

It does look strange, but it works (front -87,5 and rear 85) . It will try the setup 90/85, but i assume i won't be able to have me legs apart (front leg towards left and rear leg towards right), since i don't like to put my legs together because of the sweet spot.

Thanks again and i am looking forward to the English version (my French is sooooo bad!)
Arjan
Advanced Member

Postby Arjan » 16 Dec 2003 08:23

well, i have tried this new set-up. It feels comfortable and natural. I don't feel much difference between this set-up and the former one i used. I will stick to the new one, since i am lazy and don't want to screw the bindings on and off the board many times :P

Arjan
Arjan
Advanced Member

Return to Technical discussions