SkwalZone

Helmet

From method to the skwal gear, here's the place!

Moderator: WebTeam

Postby Sam » 21 Oct 2003 07:56

Hello skwallers,
In the Extremecarving.com Forum there was a big topic about wearing a Helmet.
<a href='http://www.extremecarving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48' target='_blank'>http://www.extremecarving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48</a>
Since skwalling has some big simularities with EC, it might be a good topic to start here aswell.

Are you wearing a Helmet? Why? Why not? What kind of Helmet are you wearing?

After reading the EC topic I'm convinced; No sunnyboy B) anymore on the slopes, I need a Helmet :ph34r: . But which one? What brand? Model? Shape? :(

If you can help me protect my few braincells :blink: , that are left, please share your thoughts!

Thanx a lot,
cheers Sam,

ps. For those who are frequently on the EC forum, I'm sorry for this double post.... :unsure:
Sam
Advanced Member

Postby KruL » 21 Oct 2003 08:09

hi sam !

we had a thread concerning helmet in the french section :
<a href='http://skwalzone.org/forums2/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=275' target='_blank'>http://skwalzone.org/forums2/index.php?act...ct=ST&f=5&t=275</a>

but I'm afraid it's in french ;) you may find an online traducer...

KruL
173°F - 183°F - Easy Jungle
KruL
High Rank Member

Postby Zarkod » 21 Oct 2003 10:41

Last year I decided to wear a Helmet for several reasons :

I'm too young to die,
I'm too old to control my skwal in any situation ;)
I got a big crash 6 years ago with a friend of mine crossing my trajectory and I think if it was not on the shoulder but on the head I could have been in the coma for some months.

Unfortunatly the helmet I bought last year was stolen from me in Italy (or it fell from my backpack)
it was this model and I found it cool but a bit hot for march : <a href='http://www.decathlon.fr/Magasin/produit.asp?int%5FDeptId=2198&int%5FDeptPereId=32899&int%5FPfId=153592&mscssid=NAVPC831022S8LCK8987NU29DKCL4U0C' target='_blank'>uvex xride motion</a>

It has to be comfortable of course, that means that if it's hot for instance it must be well designed to let the air go through. You need to check if it is compatible with your mask to wear it during foggy days.
and most of all it needs to be red or silver coloured so that people see that you are riding a skwal ;)
:: Thias FC180, SK200, 173°F, RS176 carbone, FC165 ::
Visit skwalzone.org!
only skwal makes it possible!
Zarkod
High Rank Member

Postby pete » 21 Oct 2003 12:26

Pretty much same advice here (i also answered on EC forums ;)).

Condering our speed on the slopes, and how hard the snow is, there aint no math to do here ;). I bought a helmet last year (a good deal: 45% off :D). That's a Giro Ravine. It isnt a full face, but it covers my ears. I didnt go for a full face, cuz i think it's too big and kinda too weird too...
To choose your helmet, go to the shop with what you usually ride with... not your board, but your jacket, your goggles, and everything yuor wear on your face/head or near it... e.g. if you use a "powder mask" (pipolaki kind if you see what i mean) bring it too...
Dont be embarrassed to keep it a long time one your head, and to move/ run around to see how it feels... They might think you're weird, but eh! who cares ;)
The colors is also a thing to consider, even though mine is black, Zarkod has a point ;)
pete
High Rank Member

Postby Gerrit » 28 Oct 2003 23:16

Hi all....... New here (After a long search more info about Skwal).

I use a Burton helmet (black Zarkod :ph34r: ). I needed the helmet allready when the point of my Skwal disappeared in the snow when I was making a turn leaning to much to front.

Just wondering where I can find stickers from Skwal to put on my helmet. B)
Lacroix contest 180, Snowpro step in, UPS boots
Gerrit

Postby pete » 28 Oct 2003 23:32

no stickers as for now :(
pete
High Rank Member

Postby Zarkod » 29 Oct 2003 11:07

We plan to make some stickers but we haven't done it yet because we are not working as an association and stickers mean a cost.

But if someone on the forum can make stickers for free, sure we can design some quickly!
:: Thias FC180, SK200, 173°F, RS176 carbone, FC165 ::
Visit skwalzone.org!
only skwal makes it possible!
Zarkod
High Rank Member

Return to Technical discussions