SkwalZone

[solved] Lagriffe and Ludovic Lacroix trouble

Talk about anything you want, but try to keep appropriate topics.

Moderator: WebTeam

[solved] Lagriffe and Ludovic Lacroix trouble

Postby sabestian » 07 Aug 2013 09:34

Hi everyone,

In a nutshell: my MR173 warped after less than 10 days riding in December 2012. I emailed Ludovic Lacroix instantly with pictures and explanation of the problem. It took him almost two months but ultimately he responded that he will look into it when I send him the broken board. About six months ago he wrote that he received the board, that he would replace it and confirmed my address.

Since then I haven't heard from him, I've send him about 20 emails, I tried ludovic@skislagriffe.com, info@skislagriffe.com, even gianluca@skislagriffe.com, I was posting from different mail boxes to rule out the possibility of getting to the spam folder....

He used to respond very quickly when I was ordering my boards from him, but now - when it came to a warranty issue it's all gone dead quiet. :roll:

My other board made by him is fantastic, he had been superb to deal with when I was ordering, I have recommended him to many on this and other forums and now I feel very disappointed to say the least. :?

I still want to believe this is some kind of misunderstanding or something but with time passing it is getting harder and harder.

Has anyone an idea how to contact him? Perhaps his email addresses changed and the Lagriffe site was not updated? Is he out of business? Someone dealt with him this year? Perhaps you could send me his phone number?

Any ideas what I should do now?
Last edited by sabestian on 05 Nov 2013 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
sabestian
Advanced Member

Re: Lagriffe and Ludovic Lacroix trouble

Postby Tatanka » 07 Aug 2013 19:30

Hi Sebastian

I write to you by MP.
There is some troubles with aes server and maybe you have try in Skwal.eu mails.
Indeed I dis not received your mail

Ludo was un holidays for pairs of weeks...

I will try to contact Ludovic again for you.

Cheers
Nathaniel from aes shop
LAGRIFFE MR173 Carbon
ne vous demandez pas ce que l'AES peut faire pour VOUS, mais demandez vous ce que VOUS pouvez faire pour l'AES et le SKWAL...
Tatanka
High Rank Member

Postby sabestian » 16 Aug 2013 06:56

Hi Nathaniel,

thank you! You got Ludovic to answer, he wrote he was away but now he is sending me a board. :mrgreen:

Will let you all know how it ends!
sabestian
Advanced Member

Postby Tatanka » 25 Aug 2013 05:48

I saw him and told about this. He will send you the board.

Note that this a kindly process as, as I understood, you board problem was not due to a mismanufacturing and is not include in the warranty.

Hope all will be ok for you now...
LAGRIFFE MR173 Carbon
ne vous demandez pas ce que l'AES peut faire pour VOUS, mais demandez vous ce que VOUS pouvez faire pour l'AES et le SKWAL...
Tatanka
High Rank Member

Postby sabestian » 14 Sep 2013 07:47

I understand your point on the nature of ths issue. I kindly disagree because I don't think any board should break under short period of normal usage (it is the very first time a board broke under my feet in twenty years of my recreational riding). But I respect different point of view on the problem, nature of skwalling as an extreme sport etc. I would be dissappointed if he didn't want to replace the board but I would deal with it.

My problem is that I am constantly getting mixed messages. The written message was that the board was going to be replaced. This was 2012/2013. The facts are - there is no board and no contact with Ludovic... "A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error" is all I can get. Frustrating to say the least. And another month passed in the meantime...

This is confusing and totally ruins my trust in the Lagriffe company, which I had been promoting ever since I got in touch with Ludovic a few years ago. I still want to believe this is just misunderstanding or whatever. My wife thinks I am stupid, though :roll: :mrgreen:

I know I am just a client, not a big business for Lagriffe but this is just not the way it should be handled.
sabestian
Advanced Member

Postby sabestian » 20 Oct 2013 08:39

More than two more months passed without any sign of life from Ludovic. I think I am free to assume that I lost the board and Mr Lacroix will not keep his word. Sad.

I am going to get a lawyer to have a look at this case anyway because I feel that this is simply not right. Will keep you informed.

Let this post be a warning for all potential buyers of Lagriffe equipment.
sabestian
Advanced Member

Postby sabestian » 05 Nov 2013 12:56

Just to let everyone know: I received the replacement board! So, seems like a happy ending after all that unnecessary grief.

All the best to everyone involved!
sabestian
Advanced Member

Re: [solved] Lagriffe and Ludovic Lacroix trouble

Postby Tatanka » 09 Nov 2013 10:11

Dear Sebastian,

I'm so disappointed but my words was just suppositions and not affirmations. I had not all the informations and I'm sorry of that. I have tried to get more information to help you and as we have relationship with Lagriffe I tried to solve the problem.
He said to me that he sent a board but he has certainly some troubles to deal with to explain the delay.
I want to beleive that this was a very unfortunate situations and I'm glad that it is now solved.

Cheers
Nathaniel
LAGRIFFE MR173 Carbon
Tatanka
High Rank Member

Return to General Discussions