SkwalZone

Forum Opening, It's now public

News and important informations, forums FAQ. Only the webteam is allowed to start new topics; members are able to reply.

Moderator: WebTeam

Postby shama » 15 Jan 2003 01:51

Welcome on this skwal-dedicated forum.

--I'm writting this message on behalf of the "webteam" members--

Even if the website isn't online yet, we chose to open the forum to the public. We hope it'll create a meeting place for all the skwalers, just before the real season start. We are actually working on the website development and will release it as soon as we can.
While waiting, please enjoy the forum as much as you want. It is skwal dedicated but not skwal restricted. If you are a snowboarder, skier, or riding any other type of board, we will not get rid of you! On of the goals or this webiste (and of course the forum) is to promote the extraordinary carving machine called skwal! That's why the webteam will always stay open minded. If you have any questions, the webteam will enjoy trying to give you an answer! So no worries, there are no useless or dumb questions.
As a conclusion, i'd like to precise that this website is not related to Thias or Volkl the two actual skwal constructors.

Hoping you'll enjoy the forum,
pete
Planches : The Fall'US / Home Made tout mou & tout dur / Qq planches d'archive & splits
shama
High Rank Member

Postby shama » 15 Jan 2003 17:20

Cameleoon dans l'ancien forum
Je ne voudrais pas être mauvaise langue mon cher Pete, mais vu le nombre d'Anglo-phones qui pratiquent le skwal, je pense qu'une section française suffirait amplement, à moins que tu ne décides de promouvoir ce sport au pays de l'Oncle Sam !!!    
Planches : The Fall'US / Home Made tout mou & tout dur / Qq planches d'archive & splits
shama
High Rank Member

Zarkod on the last board

I'm not so sure with you Cameleoon (how many o? I can't remember)
There are skwal addicts also in USA, in Japan and in Europe, probably more than we think in Austria since Volkl must push the market there.

The difficulty is to get in touch with them and bring them here, but we can try!  
shama
High Rank Member

Cameleoon on the last board
I'm certainly a bit pessimistic mister Zarkod, but I don't believe others people in others countries will come on this forum, because our only way to communicate at the moment is the skipass forum...

If you want to have an international skawlers community, up to you to call them round around the world !  

Good Luck Jim...
shama
High Rank Member

Postby shama » 15 Jan 2003 17:21

Zarkod on the last board
That's exactly what I'm going to do!
as soon as the site is a bit more set up, because I think the
skipass guys are not expecting a full nice site but skwalers
from other countries will.
shama
High Rank Member

Postby shama » 15 Jan 2003 17:21

pete on the last board
don't worry...
if we decided to to create an bilingual website it's ecause there are more ppl interested in skwal than we think! In fact when talking to englishspeakers hardbooters, there's quite a bunch of them that want more information. Plus, you can find the volkl monocarver in US (not easily).

About austria and germany, the potential number of skwaler is even bigger. You'll find a big community of alpine snowboarder and extreme carvers in ski or other boards... all of these ppl can be attracted by th skwal.
shama
High Rank Member

Postby shama » 17 Jan 2003 00:08

Sam on the last forum
Hello skwallers,
Even in holland there are skwallers! Thanx to the extremecarving.com forum (Pete) I found this site.

An English forum is fine, French is a little bit diffecult for most Dutch.

Cheers,
Sam
shama
High Rank Member

Postby shama » 17 Jan 2003 00:09

Zarkod on the last board

Hi Sam,
Do you know other skwalers from your country?
If you are some of you, you could rent a min-van and come in the Alps for the Contests that are taking place in March!
which board do you ride?
shama
High Rank Member

Postby shama » 17 Jan 2003 00:09

sam on the last board
Hello Zarkod,
Unfortunately I don't know any others, at least not in person.

But, I met some in the internet. There are Dutch skwallers!!

About my board:

I have a Lacroix 200SK. I use to ski and was wanted to rent a skwal in Holland. With luck I find this old Lacroix for about 100 Euros. Since then I'm skwalling.
I've tried a freeride 178 (I think), but I didn't like the wider board, 'cause it costs more effort to turn from one side to the other.

Now I'm searching for the ultimate carving board. I don't really care if it's a skwal or not. I hardly have any experience with alpine snowboards, so I'm very open minded to advice.

Does anyone have experience with the sk200 and know the difference with for example 173° or 183° or maybe the 180 freecarve?

Thanx for any help,

Greets,
Sam
shama
High Rank Member

Postby shama » 17 Jan 2003 00:10

pete on the last board
Hi and wlcome to u sam.
Just a question for you... do u come from extremecarving.com forum?
shama
High Rank Member

Postby shama » 17 Jan 2003 00:10

Playmobil on the last board
Yes Sam, I used the 173° and 183° and I think you will prefer the 183°.
It is as aggresssive as the SK200. Moreover, your are too big (86kg) for the 173°.

I (90Kg) have explosed my last 173° !  
shama
High Rank Member

Return to ReadMe First : News and announcements